April 2, 2016 at 8:15 pm #31198Commerce DuniyaKeymasterPoints: 1 1,203Rank: Conqueror
DIPP has launched Startup India portal and mobile application today. The official website of Startup India ishttp://startupindia.gov.in/
Link to submit and apply for start ups: http://startupindia.gov.in/registration.php
(its dummy. Effective from 11:00 am 01.04.2016)
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Startup India Portal and Mobile App Launched
The Startup India portal http://startupindia.gov.in, and mobile app have been launched by Secretary, DIPP, Mr. Ramesh Abhishek in New Delhi today.
The key features of the portal and app are the following:
- Information Availability: The portal and mobile app provide up-to- date information on various notifications/ circulars issued by various Government ministries/ departments, towards creation of a conducive ecosystem for Startups. The portal and mobile app provide information regarding incubators and funding agencies recognized for the purpose of recommending Startups (as part of Startup recognition application). A comprehensive list of FAQs is also available to help Startups, Incubators and Funding Agencies use the portal and mobile app more effectively.
- Startup India Hub: The Startup India Hub, which has been established within Invest India, will be a single point of contact for the entire Startup ecosystem which would enable exchange of knowledge. The Hub will work in a hub and spoke model with Governments, VCs, Angel Funds, Incubators, Mentors, etc. It will assist Startups through their lifecycle, on all aspects, such as providing mentorship, incubator facilities, IPR support, funding etc. The Hub will be operational from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM on working days and can be reached via the toll free number: 1800115565 or the email ID: [email protected]
- Application for Startup Recognition: Entities that fulfil the criteria as per the definition of “Startup” and are incorporated/ registered in India, can obtain recognition as a “Startup” to avail various benefits listed in the Startup India Action Plan. The process of recognition is simple and user friendly and involves a single page application form that a user can fill either through a web interface or through mobile app. Formats of the recommendation/ support letters that need to be attached as part of the application form have been published on the portal and mobile app.
- Real Time Startup Recognition: A real time recognition certificate is provided to Startups on completion of the application process. A digital version of the final certificate of recognition is available for download, through the portal and mobile app. A request for certificate of eligibility for tax exemptions from Inter-ministerial Board will be made simultaneously by selection of a simple option.
- Verification of Recognition Certificate: The certificate of recognition is verifiable through the portal and mobile app by entering the Startup Recognition/ Certificate Number.
- Approval of Inter-Ministerial Board: DIPP has also setup an Inter-Ministerial Board to verify the eligibility of Startups opting to avail Tax and IPR related benefits and to provide a certificate of eligibility to innovative Startups.
The “Startup India” initiative was launched by the Prime Minister of India, ShriNarendra Modi on January 16, 2016 at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi. As part of the event, a Startup India Action Plan was released. The Action Plan highlights initiatives envisaged by the Government to develop a conducive Startup ecosystem in the country.
As an integral component of the Action Plan, a Startup India portal and mobile app were envisaged to be implemented. The portal and app have accordingly been released today.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.