A new mobile application for Aadhaar-based payments through Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) app for merchants is launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The new service will allow customers to make purchases using their Aadhaar number linked with their bank account.The transaction will require customer’s fingerprint for authentication.
Highlights of BHIM- Aadhar Pay app:
- BHIM-Aadhaar Pay app is the merchant interface of the BHIM App that allows for making digital payments by using the Aadhaar platform.
- Every Indian citizen can pay digitally using their biometric data like their thumb imprint on a merchants’ biometric enabled device which could be smartphone having a biometric reader.
- Already, 27 major banks are now on board with 3 lakh merchants so that they can start accepting payments using BHIM Aadhaar
- The app needs to be carried by merchants only. The merchant has to download the app on a smartphone, connect the app to his bank account and link the phone to a biometric scan machine.
- In order to make payment, the customer will only have to give his fingerprint. However, the customer’s bank account must be linked with his/her Aadhaar.
- Customers do not need a debit card or credit card for payments through Aadhaar Pay. The pay app also does not require any internet connection.
- Aadhaar Pay would not charge Merchant Discount Rate (MDR). MDR is the charge levied on debit card transaction. It is paid by the merchants to a bank merchant and usually the merchants pass on the charges to the customers.
How to earn the referral bonus:
The ‘referral bonus scheme’, which is for individuals, is meant to get more people on the BHIM platform and asking them to do transactions with others using BHIM or by referring new users on it. The bonus will be paid to both the existing and new users of BHIM. The referral will only be considered successful after three unique successful financial transactions by the new user.
After three unique successful transactions with a minimum limit of Rs. 50 to any three unique users (either to customers or to merchants), the existing and the new user will be notified about the bonus amount via notification in BHIM app. The existing user will get Rs. 10 per successful referral, while the new user will get Rs. 25 for downloading and transacting from the app.
How To Download & Install BHIM App From Google Play Store For Android, ios Mobiles ? :
Step 2: Click on Install Button and Wait till Download Complete. It Would Be Automatically Installed in Your Mobile phone.
Step 3: After Completion of Install, Set a Preferred Language either English or Hindi. Cick on Next.
Step 4: Now verify Your Mobile Number (SIM) Which is Linked to Bank Accounts. It should be Registered with Your bank account.
Step 5: Your Mobile number Will Be Verified Automatically. Now, Keep/Enter a 4 digit Pass Code. Re Enter 4 Digit Pass Code for Confirmation.
Step 6: Select Your Bank from List. You will see list of banks order wise, you can choose which bank you want to select.
Step 7: After Selection of Bank, You need to Enter Last 6 Digits of Debit Card/ ATM Card Number & Enter Valid Month & year.
Step 8: After Successful Registration in BHIM APP, You will get Confirmation details so you can Send Money, receive Money.
How does it work?
Send / Receive Money:
Pay using Aadhaar: Make seamless transactions using Aadhaar number.